False Allegations of Child Molesting

Often times when a couple is going through a divorce, Mom will make an allegation that Dad has molested or inappropriately touched one or all of the children. Many women feel that this is a quick way to “get rid” of Dad. I’m begging every mother, aunt, or grandmother, please don’t do this. An allegation such as this will completely ruin a life. Not just Dad’s life, but the child’s life as well. Dad will most likely be criminally charged. In defending his criminal charge, the child will be put through endless interviews and evaluations not understanding why. And if Dad is able to prove that Mom has coached the child, she will ultimately lose her parental rights. This is simply not something to play around with. Do not put your family or your children through this unless you are sure that something inappropriate has happened.

31 Responses to False Allegations of Child Molesting

1. RedMango says:

Very nice post!

2. badmash says:

I just signed up to your blogs rss feed. Will you post more on this subject?

3. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I enjoy seeing websites that understand the value of providing a prime resource for free. I truly loved reading your post. Thanks!

4. auto shop says:

What a great resource!

5. cash loans says:

I always wished to be able to write on my web page something like that. I typically don’t publish comments in blogs however your blog forced me to, fabulous job.…

6. JJohnston says:

I have recently been falsely accused by my own son, I am his mother and had custody of him up until he was almost 8 yers old when he went to Kansas to be with his recently introdused biological father. As soon as the father got him to Kansas he began to put himin and out of psych hospitals and respite homes, Now my son has made carbon copy llegations , accusing me off disturbingly graphic sexual acts towards him, I am under investigation and am being fully cooperative and will soon be scheduled to take a polygraph, Even though I KNOW that the allegations are false, and disgusting, I am still concerned and nervous, not to mention worried for my child and confused as to why he would make such claims and how he even knows about such things. Should I attempt to get a lawyer, I really have no money, which is how his father got custody in the first place. Could I work with a court appointed on this matter. My childs life is kind of on the line, he is currently in state custody in Kansas, and dad shows no interest in trying to get him out

• jketterman says:

You do need an attorney. And I strongly discourage you in taking a polygraph. There is a reason they are not admissible in court.
      If the State is seeking to terminate your parental rights, then you should be able to get a court appointed attorney.

7. TMC says:

My son recently falsely accused of child abuse. Wife lost Protective Order and recanted the false allegations and wanted to reconcile the marriage. My son’s attorney had papers signed by a judge approving and the next day Amicas Attorney filed order to have children removed from the home. My husband and I have temporary Possesory Conservertorship of our two grandchildren. CPS found no reason to remove the children, but Judge was mad at my son’s attorney and cited him with numerous violations. My son has changed attorneys for him and his wife and we are going in circles trying to get this resolved. CPS said Judge went over their head and removed the children and no one can tell us why. My son and wife are taking required classes had already instituted their own counseling with a Psychologist and still no answers. The Amicas Attorney is now changed to Ad Litem and has yet to talk to myself, my son or my husband or the children. She is focusing on the wife’s mother as her source of information. I think everyone needs to know how severe false allegations affect everyone’s lives. Thank goodness we got the children. They wanted them in a foster home. Will update you after next hearing. Fort Worth Courts.

• jketterman says:

Please do. BTW, I would look into whether the Amicus, now the AAL, should be removed. Once an attorney has been an Amicus (and has filed a report with the court), that attorney is not eligible to be the AAL. Call me if you need any further help.

8. melissa says:

Hello..my brother is being falsley accused of molestation by a neighbor. The mom of this boy was a strung out addict. My bro became his mentor and also helped his mom with money at times. Long story short..my bro just got locked up for this accusation. He will be there a lpng time awaiting trial. My family dont have $20-50thousand for attorney. Im cleaning houses to try and save to help him. But I know this is a serious crime and we feel hopeless. How is it fair that anyone can acuse somebody and that persons life being ruin by a lie. God or someone with a heart please help me :( I will beg. Please help us

• jketterman says:

Your brother is entitled to a court appointed attorney if he can’t afford to retain one. And if he gets a court appointed attorney, tell him to MAKE that attorney work for him.

9. MBT says:

Thanks for you sharing.That is good article.I like it.

• jketterman says:

The sad truth is that, your brother will need an attorney. He can ask for a court appointed attorney, and there are good ones. I will keep my fingers crossed that he gets one of the good ones.

10. Lauren says:

My family is in the middle of a huge ordeal right now & it is the result of a misunderstanding & the lack of appropriate information available to people in the position that I am in. I don’t really want to go into it publicly on the board. Do you possibly have an email address where I can send my story? My life is turned upside down & I am desparate for any help I can get.

11. David says:

Can a mother that falsly accusers a father have malicious intent or other criminal charges brought on her? Does this typically happen? My ex has done this twice in the past in Louisiana and the allegations are unsubstantiated.
    She has now done this a third time and made complaints to Texas CPS, HPD and Louisiana OCS.
    Texas CPS has dropped it as of now, unknown on HPD and OCS in Louisiana unknown too.

• jketterman says:

Probably not. But why don’t you file for custody? If you can prove that mom is making false allegations against you then you could, most likely, convince a judge that your child should be with you.

12. melinda says:

My boyfriend of 16 years and the father of my 2 sons has had a call called in on him of touching my cousin in the wrong place and getting on top of her. My cousin’s mom, brother and I has had issues and her mom blames me for Hud making her move and then this comes up the allegation on my boyfriend. The brother of my cousin call in the allegation and he lives in another state then we do. The child was upset about moving and with her mom blaming me and her hearing that, I think this is the main reason behind the child’s allegation on my boyfriend and I would not put it past my aunt or another family member or my aunt’s boyfriend maybe putting the idea in her head has well. No law enforcement has contacted him about this allegation. We only know about it from my father who was told what the child said was done by the mother which is his sister and he (my father) is also the one who told me the brother call the cops to make the allegation. My father also said the cops show up the same night at my aunt’s house and told her if you don’t take the child to get check then we will. My aunt did take her and the hospital said she has never been messed with. My question is what do we need to do to see about the allegation made to protect him sent they are false? To their knowledge (the cops) we know nothing about the allegation. Do we contact the law to find out information ourselves? we need to know what is going to happen,etc because this is a very serious and can effect our whole family. We need help to know what to do……

13. Janice Kieschnick says:

Can a person who has been falsely accused of child medical neglect to cps(and it can be 100% proven that the accusation is false) file a suit in a court of law for “defamation of character”?

14. Trisha says:

My husband’s ex-wife has mad 17 false accusations in 6 years on us including molestation. Each investigation we are viewed as guilty and we have had to prove our innocence. He has had custody of his kids for 6 years and we know she is trying to lie to CPS to get custody back. Isn’t there a law that is suppose to protect from false accusations?

15. Daniel Witt says:

My stepdaughter’s father filed a false claim against my wife before we met during their custody “battle”. Sad it has to be referred to that way. The case worker actually got so aggrivated with his time being wasted that he came to the custody hearing to tell the judge about the situation on his own time. Its been about 5 years now and we’ve gotten along with him relatively well for the past few years. Now, out of the blue, he called again and made such disgusting allogations against me I have a hard time talking about it. He told them that “the stepfather” gives the children Benadryl so they’ll sleep so we can party all night and sell drugs. We have cars coming by and staying for just a few minutes as if they’re here to buy drugs. He told them that his daughter wets herself at night (which only happens at his house) and she wets herself when she meets new people. The case worker told us that she believes that someone is just angry at us and the case is being dropped but that’s just not good enough for me. He’s just trying to get out of paying his back child support by taking her away and I don’t believe this will be the end of it. I’ve contacted an attorney and he told me that there’s really nothing I can do about it. He said we can try amending the custody agreement because there is some unclear language and bring this up to the judge in the process but that I don’t have any direct recourse because I’m not the biological parent. Is there any recourse for step parents provided by the law? I can’t believe that someone can accuse me of drugging and neglecting my kids and implying that she might be molested or sexually abused and there’s just nothing that I can do about it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• jketterman says:

I would go back to court to modify the access and possession that the father has. What he’s doing is parental alienation and it’s wrong. If the judge believes that this is happening he can restrict the dad’s access to the kids.

16. Anonymous says:

One of my niece (4 years) is complainaning that her cousin (6 years) has touched her in Inappropriate way. My sister is crying and cannot belive this happen. What Can I do? please help me should I call CPS?

17. Salicia Jackson says:

My husband and I separated after 8 years. He had nothing to do with the kids for 3 months. I took care of our 3 kids. After he found out i had a new boyfriend he wanted to spend time with his kids so we went to court and we agreed that the weekend was best. After 2 months of that, he started calling the police and CPS saying that the kids were being abused by me. After that case was closed he went after my boyfriend when that was closed he went after my boyfriends son, in which my kids had never been left alone without his sister there. The CPS gave him the kids and said that i needed to find somewhere else to stay. I asked how could that be with no proof of being molested. The kids went to their( CPS) doctors and they didnt find anything to back up what was said. After the kids starting saying things after being in his care for 3 weeks. Nobody wants to help me. I just want my back, he is just using them to get to me because thats the only way he can. PLEASE HELP ME

18. Bobby says:

My step daughter made false allegations on me over ten years ago, we went through hell. and CPS would not take them off my record even though the daughter was diagnosed with severe manic depression and being extreme bipolar, and even committed to Austin State mental hospital. Now CPS has a case on another of my children that has two children and they said they can’t be around me. Made them move from their home because it was right by me. CAN I GET ALL RECORDS OF ME TAKEN OFF CPS RECORDS?