CPS policy and the Texas Administrative Code states that if a child cannot be returned to the parents then CPS must place the child with family. CPS violates this over and over again. CPS is either removing children from grandparents or refusing to place children with their grandparents for the most insane reasons, i.e., grandparents live by a lake, grandmother smokes, the child has bonded with the foster parents. I’m infuriated. What about family history and maintaining family ties? What about the child being given the opportunity to know his heritage? Don’t let CPS get away with this. Fight back and demand that CPS follow the law.
- Couple Accused of Medical Neglect
- The Generation Trap: Grandparents often find themselves without support when forced to take over raising their grandchildren
- If you have questions about adoption, listen to Where Justice Lies
- It’s time to say to CPS: no more excuses; no more lies; no more dollar signs; no more pinwheels.
- So, How do We Prevent Child Abuse?