- Couple Accused of Medical Neglect
- The Generation Trap: Grandparents often find themselves without support when forced to take over raising their grandchildren
- If you have questions about adoption, listen to Where Justice Lies
- It’s time to say to CPS: no more excuses; no more lies; no more dollar signs; no more pinwheels.
- So, How do We Prevent Child Abuse?
Category Archives: State Law
I recently came across a case out of Boone County, Kentucky that I found appalling. A social worker, Karey Cooper, is being reprimanded for attempting to help a 7-year-old girl after reports of abuse and neglect. Cooper was a Special … Continue reading
I am passionate about defending families and the rights of parents in cases involving Child Protective Services. Frequently, CPS also removes children from their homes and places them with foster-to-adoptive parents. I believe this is happening far too often. The … Continue reading
When children have been abused or neglected, DFPS may remove them from their homes to ensure their immediate safety. The court system is required to consider a temporary placement with a relative and asks the parents to provide DFPS with … Continue reading