- Couple Accused of Medical Neglect
- The Generation Trap: Grandparents often find themselves without support when forced to take over raising their grandchildren
- If you have questions about adoption, listen to Where Justice Lies
- It’s time to say to CPS: no more excuses; no more lies; no more dollar signs; no more pinwheels.
- So, How do We Prevent Child Abuse?
Tag Archives: children
I had the pleasure of being interviewed on The National Intel Report with John Stadtmiller the other day. Below is the link to it. I hope you enjoy it! Julie http://www.thenationalintelreport.com/intent/july-30-2015/79
I recently came across a case out of Boone County, Kentucky that I found appalling. A social worker, Karey Cooper, is being reprimanded for attempting to help a 7-year-old girl after reports of abuse and neglect. Cooper was a Special … Continue reading
I am passionate about defending families and the rights of parents in cases involving Child Protective Services. Frequently, CPS also removes children from their homes and places them with foster-to-adoptive parents. I believe this is happening far too often. The … Continue reading
When children have been abused or neglected, DFPS may remove them from their homes to ensure their immediate safety. The court system is required to consider a temporary placement with a relative and asks the parents to provide DFPS with … Continue reading
State law requires anybody who believes that a child has been abused or neglected to make a report to Texas Department of Family & Protective Services (CPS) or to a law enforcement agency. The law requires CPS to investigate reports … Continue reading
1) Take the accusation seriously. It doesn’t matter if you think the allegation is unreasonable or stupid. CPS is serious, and will presume that you are guilty as accused. They may not say that they are there to take your … Continue reading