- Couple Accused of Medical Neglect
- The Generation Trap: Grandparents often find themselves without support when forced to take over raising their grandchildren
- If you have questions about adoption, listen to Where Justice Lies
- It’s time to say to CPS: no more excuses; no more lies; no more dollar signs; no more pinwheels.
- So, How do We Prevent Child Abuse?
Tag Archives: lawyer
I had the pleasure of being interviewed on The National Intel Report with John Stadtmiller the other day. Below is the link to it. I hope you enjoy it! Julie http://www.thenationalintelreport.com/intent/july-30-2015/79
I recently came across a case out of Boone County, Kentucky that I found appalling. A social worker, Karey Cooper, is being reprimanded for attempting to help a 7-year-old girl after reports of abuse and neglect. Cooper was a Special … Continue reading
I am passionate about defending families and the rights of parents in cases involving Child Protective Services. Frequently, CPS also removes children from their homes and places them with foster-to-adoptive parents. I believe this is happening far too often. The … Continue reading
You have the right to consult with a lawyer at any point in the investigation at your own expense. If CPS files a lawsuit requesting Temporary Managing Conservatorhip and you don’t agree, the Court will determine if you are financially … Continue reading
1) Take the accusation seriously. It doesn’t matter if you think the allegation is unreasonable or stupid. CPS is serious, and will presume that you are guilty as accused. They may not say that they are there to take your … Continue reading